Saturday, October 20, 2007

I was to lazy to do this write up so i took this from shriver. "Last Wednesday in upstate New York, Wells and I were doing a hard effort around the course in a park that we had set up when this old lady comes out screaming at us. “What are you doing? You can’t ride here!” I yelled back at her while barely able to breath “Why not, it’s a park?” She was so angry after she screamed at Troy and got the same answer “Why not, it’s a park lady!” Good answer Wells. We went over and talked to her after we had cooled down a second.

There was smoke coming out of her ears and she was breathing fire, and snakes in her hair too! “This park is for kids, and people to walk, and play, not for bikes. I called the police to come talk to you”. I asked her, “Why can’t we ride here? It is municipal use right and there are no signs?” She was red in the face and stuttering, “You….j.ju.. just can’t!” I am thinking, give me some good reason lady. “What are your names and where do you live?” Hmmm! ” I’m Ron…., Ron Burgandy and this is Brian Fantana” as I pointed to Wells. Anyway, long story short we got the boot! The park superintendent came and talked with us and told us that they don’t even let the little kiddies ride in the park. Fair enough, still no great answer or reason as to why you can’t ride your bike around in circles hopping on and off it in a city park. Anyone?"

Besides from that the training has been going well. We tried to go in and check out Williams lake. Didn't get to far considering it is like Alcatraz with 15 foot high fences every way into the place. I asked my dad about it and I guess it got sold and is going to be developed into an exclusive high price community. They use to have the best halloween race there each october with the caves lite up with jackolantern.

Yesturday we headed down to DE for the race in Granogue. Nothing like traveling through NJ @ around 5:30 lucky i stay as far away from NYC as i could so the traffic could had been alot worse. Hoping for a solid ride today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home