Thursday, September 06, 2007

Rough Day On the Bike

Well I did the junction creek road to the top of the colorado trail today with Walker Savidge. It ended up being a rough day for me. The ride starts out with close to an 2 hour climb on a dirt road. There was actually even construction going on up at around mile 18. 2 guys with a front end loader had road ripped up so walker and i had to do the long jump off the front end loader over the gap. Next my tire decided it was going to explode in the river bed on the CO trial and for some reason my CO2 was partly used so i could only fill up my tire to 10 to 15 psi so i knew it would only be a matter of time before my next flat. It came on the next climb which left me with around 10 to 15 miles of riding around on a front flat in single track and about 5 miles on the road. I tossed myself over the bars once. My upper body has never been so worked over.

The FLC team is off to CSU for the big kick off to the collegiate season. I wonder who will take the 1st W. Mcduff left for europa wednesday morning for worlds. It seems like he is riding well he was killing during the mping session tuesday. It is awesome that the US took 3rd in the team relay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home