Thursday, August 02, 2007

Professional Driver...

Well on my way back to Durango. My trip down to NC was good except for flat during the XC. Snyder and I left on Wednesday to break the 11 hr drive from my house into two days. We arrived into banner elk around 3 or 4 on Thursday and waited for the rain to stop until 6 when we just headed down the mtn on the road. During our decent with Todd we almost got hit by lighting had to be within 100 feet I felt the thunder in my chest. The race on Saturday was going well until I flatted at the end of the 2nd lap and hit it with my co2 and it seemed to seal so I continued on my way. I though that was it but then I hear stans pouring out my tire so I was planning on putting in a tube but I couldn’t get my rim strip out. Game Over. Sunday I was looking to put in a good short track. I had a good start and was in the second group. On the 3rd lap I hit it on the climb and latched on to back of the lead group but that was about the extent of time at the front. I ended up riding in around 7th and 8th for most of the race until I cracked with 2 to go and ended up 13th. After the Short track I started my second race of the day as snyder and I drove 13hrs back to his house in and arrived at sunrise right around 6 a.m. I went to sleep for about 6 hrs and then drove 3 hrs and began packing for the return to d-town.

1 Comments:

At 6:36 PM , Blogger jsager said...

that's the real journey, eh? (NY to DGO)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home