Sunday, September 23, 2007

Star Cross

Star Cross went really well for me despite hitting the deck twice. The race was super cool under the light and with alot of turn in the infield of the velodrome. I'm staying with the Danimal (dan neyens) and his family and they are taking great care of me. It is nice to be back to cross racing where the promoters take such great care of you with setting up host housing. Making it alot easier to come in for weekend and do a awesome race. Dan and I arrived at the course a little late i think we pulled in just @ an hour before the start. The start went well for me and I was sitting in the top 10 until mid-way through the 1st lap someone laided it down right in front of me and I had no where to go so his bars got tangled up in my wheel and sent me to a halt. That sent me back into the 20th and then on the second lap i tripped over the barriers just trying to run them to fast and lost a couple more spots. Once I got up and going again i got to witness Sager laying it down on to the velodrome. The race seemed to be complete chaos as alot of people end up hitting the deck. I think it is just the 1st race of the year so people for get how to corner on their cross bikes and still are figuring out new equipment. Wicks even laided it down at least once maybe twice. So after my second crash i started moving up from group to group and was eventually in the 3rd chase group. Wicks, Trebon, and the swiss natz champ where gone. Lucky for me I was able to move up to second group and began doing work with chris sheppard and the danish natz champ. I ended up coming across in 5th @ 1:04 back. It was nice to make it onto the podium @ the first race of the year. Today is the Rad Race GP in tacoma hopefully the 100 meter run-up doesn't get the best of me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home