Friday, November 24, 2006

"I want to thank the Franks" (Kuhl 05 Thanksgiving)

Been a while since I updated. Sunday after the race I headed up with LG to hang out with her for a couple days. On monday we went and checkout Vancouver it was a cool city. It reminds me a little of San Francisco. It has a park right on the water just like SF and it also is built on a hill. Tuesday I ventured out in Bellingham for an hour effort along the lake. I had my hands full just trying not to get blown off my bike. LG and I went and checked out her campus in the afternoon of course by then it was raining so did really get to see all that much. Wednesday checked out Seattle, which is also a cool city. The Northwest cities are super clean and it doesn't smell like the east coast cities. Thursday morning had to get up around 6 to make my 8 o'clock flight. Not really much of a morning person. On my 1st flight there had to be at least 15 babies some how I was able to sleep. (miracle). Arrived @ DRO airport around 4 Richard Timmons picked me up and we where off the D.R. Frank thanksgiving party. Frank and Janet double the turnout of last year with at least 30 people showing up. Next year I think they are going for 100 with a ad in the newspaper. It was a fun night filled with the annual horseshoe battle. It is always a entertaining watching a bunch of cyclists play horseshoes. The main goal is just trying to reach the pit. Dinner was amazing thanks to everyone at the party for pitching in to make it another great thanksgiving. Woke up this morning feeling last night a little bit. Built up another cross bike with a double. Went out for yet another session behind the scooter. Thanks to Shriver for braving the cold and taking me out. Todd left Shriver a jacket and pair of gloves but Shriver passed on the offer and was paying for it for the next hour. Tomorrow is another Shriver Cross up at the school I will be taking it in on the sidelines for a Sunday effort. Hopefully we can put on another practice race on sunday. I wonder if Snyder will get a UCI point this weekend in Sterling.. Good Luck dude.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home