Sunday, November 18, 2007

Got back to NY wednesday night after what seemed like a euro flight after leaving for the aiport at 4:45 a.m. d-town time and getting to my parents house in NY around 7 p.m. long day of travel to the east coast. After the flight my cold was back at full force on thursday i couldn't motivate to go ride until 4 p.m. when i headed out for an easy hour spin.

Instead of heading down to NJ on friday i opted to stay home and get one more low stress day without driving and got a decent day of training in and 3 wheels glued up for the weekend. Saturday morning i headed down for the USGP weekend.

I was hoping i was able to put my cold behind me for an hour and grit it out. I had a terrible start but moved up to around 10th but at the mid way point ran out of gas. After beginning to fade my rear shifter stopped working after becoming filled with sand. I ended up finishing in the upper 20's but had better levels than i've had in over a week and half. This morning we woke up to rain and I figured i had to be able to put it together for a good ride in the 1st raced that suited me all year. Mcuduff Hatrick and I headed out for breakfast and stopped by a golf store so mcduff could purchase some rain pants for the day. Hatrick and I hit up the putting green. Hatrick though it was mini golf and was going for the bank shot. Some other customer was coming unglued and move over to his own corner. He didn't want anything to do with the skills hatrick was breaking out.

I had a good start sitting top 10 on wicks wheel but in the second corner wicks laid it down i hit the deck trying to avoid him sumerhill hit me and a couple other people hit summerhill. All of our bike got stuck together in a big pile. I got going again trying to salvage the day. I ended up having great legs on the day and got up to 8th after 3 laps of moving through traffic. Looking forward to getting in some good rides this week with guptill and then heading up to snyders hood for the baystate uci race on saturday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home