Monday, April 23, 2007

Squawker Classic

This past weekend was the flc road race weekend. The racing started off saturday morning @ 8 with a TTT. I was on a team with two of the younger guys and we put up a good fight until 2nd guy in line hit a rock and flatted and you need to finish with 3 to get scored so that event was over for me. Saturday afternoon we had a crit downtown. Best crit the school has ever put on for sure. Normally the crit is around a parking lot. I felt good in the crit and put down alot of attacks with 4 to go I thought i had something that would stick but i got brought back and got 4th in the sprint. Saturday night was senior prom so all the little ones were out dressed to impress. We saw alot of people out going for the worst award of the night. Sunday morning Meg made Snyder and I pancake's for breakfast. In the road race I was looking to get a good workout in so I attacked numerous times. I got into a group with about 40 mins left that I figured had a good chance of sticking but we got brought back and the front group was down to 10 of us with 6 FLC guys so i just continued to attack to try to wear down the others in the group. The tactic ended working considering FLC ended up going 1-4 and of course I was burned ended up last out of the group. Snyder and Schmitty ended up 2 and 3. I though Schmitty had it until one of his own chased him down but that is how FLC always rolls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home