Friday, October 03, 2008

Vegas Recap

Vegas is crazy!!! I landed this year at around 12:30 a.m. just looking forward to getting to the hotel and hitting the hay. Once you get in the cab and hit the strip you end up getting this rush of energy that you only get in Vegas. I was good though and went to my room and was asleep by around 1 a.m. Woke up early well not that early 10 a.m. but I think that is alittle early when your race isn’t until 9 p.m. Went to the show did an interview with towel that is on velonews TV that you can check out if you want to listen to my dumbass for 6 mins. Did a couple other things at the plush clif bar booth then headed back to my room and got some lunch. After lunch I just laid in bed for a couple of hours I know that is weak I didn’t even make it to the pool to work on losing my farmers tan. Built up my bikes than it was off to the race. I drove over to the venue with my brother who was basically on the move all day since he didn’t land in vegas until 4 p.m. The course was better this year with a couple more corners. The crowd was off the chain and we actually had poperotsie at the race since Lance aka LA was in the house. My race went okay overall ended up 18th but I dropped my chain and ended up riding around in the LA group. People were going crazy for LA out there. Then I was lame after the race and didn’t even go out. It was hard to motivate when you don’t get back to your room until 12:30 a.m. Not to mention last year was a 7 a.m. return along with a hang over from hell!! I also wanted to keep it under control for my next 2 races in madison only 2 days after Vegas.

The following day was low key to say the least as far as vegas goes. Woke up went for a ride. Vegas isn’t the best place to train. Packed my bikes and began the long hike from the ventian to the treasure island parking garage with all my luggage (2 bikes, 2 sets of wheels, backpack, carry on roller bag). This ended up being much harder than a cross race. You have no idea how many times I had people just walk into my bike box and knock off my wheels or carry on bag and look at me like I just ran into them.

1 Comments:

At 9:25 AM , Blogger jsager said...

how many times?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home