Thursday, October 02, 2008

Catch Up.

So the deal is my cross season just got off to a quick start with 5 races in 8 day. I wrote an update about the racing on Clif Bars Blog so i'll just write about the other stuff going on in this update. I went to seattle a couple day early since my friend Alison B-day was on tuesday. I arrived and it was basically right off the plane to dinner and then a night out on the town in Fremont. We had a good size crew with a couple people i know well including morgan schmitt and LG. The night ended up being a good time besides from a couple small mishaps. The best part of the night was this one guy came out with us who didn't really fit into the mix of people out. He was a tri geek and lets just say he proceed to crash over the RR tracks. He still had on his areo bars as well that just added to the entertainment. Then i would say less than 10 mins later at a bar he tells me and Ryan Idding "I'm not going to lie I'm really good" not sacastic what so ever either dead serious. There was also another insident with just some random dude on the street but i don't feel like getting into it. Basically he was saying he could kick my ass at star cross in the Cat 4 race. It all started because when he came sprinting by us i got on his wheel and he said he could beat my ass any day on a bike. People in seattle are serious..

Another crazy part about seattle is that no one waves to eachother. I think on my wedneday ride i waved at over 100 people and maybe got 5 waves back at the most. Most of them would do the look away to me which im not a big fan of. If u aren't out killing it doing an effort how hard is it to raise your hands off the bars. I guess people in seattle only wave 2 people they know or at least that's what i was told!!

I can say this i found the best park for cross training in seattle (woodland park). You could do a 6 min lap without having 2 go from tree to tree and there is alot of buffed out single track. Alot of up and down also something that we don't get here in d-town.

On Friday Alison and I went to see Morgans bro Evans film Remember 2 Breathe at U Dub. All i can say is Alison has lived in seattle for most of her life and had no idea how to find the building the film was playing in. It was also in the main part of campus which she couldn't find either. Eventually we found it thanks to a freshman and his map of campues. The movie is awesome with a mix of road and cross footage from last season. Everyone should check it out you can purchase it at http://www.dirtymoose.com/ .

I even got 2 play a round of golf when i was there. Morgan, Noah, and I hit up the par 3 on monday afternoon. It was a tight course with alot of fours being yelled out. When you have one green 30 feet away from the next holes tee box u know u are asking for trouble.

The last thing i'll talk about from seattle was Alison cat Floyd. The guy was not the biggest fan of me and my last day there he decided it would be cool 2 leave me a going away present and pissed in my roller bag. Luckually we saw him do it so the pad came right out and directly in the washing machine.

Alison got me to the airport and I was off to Vegas.

Besides from that had a great time in seattle got some go racing and riding in. Thanks to Alison and LG for putting up with me for a week and entertaining me.

1 Comments:

At 9:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey man,
Keep waving, maybe they were waviers who stopped waving because the never got any waves in return. I never thought I would use wave that many times. Good luck and stay upright!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home